cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick Start - not able to move forward after import of data

Quick Start - not able to move forward after import of data

I imported the data set in the Quick Start - the import step shows all Green. However I am not able to move forward - unable to figure out what is the issue!

0 Kudos
26 Replies

I tried removing the InvoiceDate already hoping that it would Trigger the Start, but it did not. 

But the instructions on my screen are different from what you suggest. Below is a picture of my available options for TS forecasting & nowcasting.

zsfeinsteinyahoocom_0-1657211483429.png

If I next click on the Forecasting button then it brings me to:

zsfeinsteinyahoocom_1-1657211654358.png

It does not permit me to use the Truck as my series name.

But if I click on Show Advanced Options it looks pretty different from the provided example:

zsfeinsteinyahoocom_2-1657211816557.png

That specifically was where I got the idea of my date not being formatted correctly.

0 Kudos
dalilaB
DataRobot Alumni

In advance option go to Time Series, and let's see what shows up (Print screen and share it here)

0 Kudos

zsfeinsteinyahoocom_0-1657214931987.png

0 Kudos

zsfeinsteinyahoocom_0-1657215587943.png

Am also thinking that perhaps my InvoiceDate is faulty because of the gaps in there. It is not continuous, and it is mainly weekdays.

Just an idea...

0 Kudos
dalilaB
DataRobot Alumni

If you have weekdays mainly, go to first AI Catalog, upload your dataset to AI Catalog, and then you will see a humberger on your top right, click on it, and then choose prepare dataset for time-series, else:
If the invoiceDate is not continuous, when choosing TS, choose row instead of date base.
Here is an example:
After deciding on the date, go to Automated Time Series, and if you have series add the series, but then 

Screen Shot 2022-07-07 at 1.46.36 PM.png

If you get an error, choose row.  You can also click on Time Series Data Prep which will take you to AI Catalog where the data can be cleaned. 

Screen Shot 2022-07-07 at 1.47.53 PM.png

0 Kudos

Wow is getting a little exciting. Thank you. Unfortunately the devil resides is some details. Please see the following screen shot:

zsfeinsteinyahoocom_0-1657220085226.png

This is what the interactive menu showed before I did anything related to the Series ID. Having explored the documentation it looks like maybe I should have used my Truck field for the Series ID, but am not sure. Please advise here.

Some other interesting tidbits + features (pun intended) follow:

1. You can see that I used the Mean and Most Recent value for the Target Imputation. That looks slightly more Kosher than the SUM & Zero.
  2. For the Categorical Feature Imputation I set it to "most frequent." That seems like a better, more Kosher choice, than the last option.
  3. And my last present observation is that the number of Rows in this revised dataset is equal to the number of rows between my min & max.

I am next going to review what I think is the new dataset within the AI Catalog that is more suitable for TimeSeries analyses.

Again, DataRobot is very good at removing the coding aspect that I am accustomed to over the course of many weeks/months. Miss it a bit though... Imputation can be fun!

0 Kudos

So I was able to see the datafile within the AI Catalog. I thought I was being clever in downloading the file from the hamburger, but I think it just downloads the original .csv file again. Below are some screen-shots of the file residing in the AI Catalog:

zsfeinsteinyahoocom_0-1657223646973.png

Again I downloaded it from the hamburger in the upper-right:

zsfeinsteinyahoocom_1-1657223757005.png

I renamed the downloaded dataset to something "Interpolated."

zsfeinsteinyahoocom_2-1657223861344.png

But where should I retrieve this data from?

0 Kudos
dalilaB
DataRobot Alumni

Now, just click on create a project.  You don't need to download the clean dataset

0 Kudos

zsfeinsteinyahoocom_0-1657227190652.png

This is where I am currently at. Am a little embarrassed that I am drawing a blank on what to do next.

Please take an easy look at some of my other questions within this thread for other specific areas such as the need, or not, of defining the Series and where/when should that occur, as well as how to check the quality of my work through the many steps.

0 Kudos
dalilaB
DataRobot Alumni

If you are just forecasting order weight irrelevant of a truck, than you don't have a series, and you should just ignore the truck series id.  So, when filling Prepare dataset for Time-series, just don't fill the series id section.  
Here are the three steps:
1.  Fill the form for prepare dataset for time series

Screen Shot 2022-07-08 at 7.45.12 AM.png

This is what you will get, as you notice a suffix was added at the end of the original dataset name, and it is still registering.  

whenNow that the dataset is registereted, just click on create ProjectScreen Shot 2022-07-08 at 7.46.28 AM.pngScreen Shot 2022-07-08 at 7.47.08 AM.png

0 Kudos