cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visual AI to detect the damage on car with border and labels

Visual AI to detect the damage on car with border and labels

Team,

I am looking for a model that can identify different types of defects such as dents, damages, color damage on an assembled part to provide the inspection details to the quality team automated. I didn't see such a model in automated tool that has the capability. Can  someone please guide me on that?

Thank you

Manohar

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
rshah
DataRobot Alumni

The image classification capabilities in DataRobot can be used to perform that type of analysis.  However, the starting point is having a dataset for training the model.  I have found it difficult to find publicly available datasets that show car damage.  

One of my collegues may have such a dataset that shows no damage, minor damage, and major damage. I am looking for it now and will update this post with that info.  Once you have the dataset, then you can use DataRobot to train a model to recognize the severity of damage.  The image classification in DataRobot easily handles a 100 categories.  If you have a labeled dataset, you can then test out the performance.

How does that sound?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

There is a car damage dataset available on Kaggle.  I was able to download it and then I zipped the training folder into one file.  I was able to upload that file and build image classification models on the car damage dataset.  https://www.kaggle.com/anujms/car-damage-detection

View solution in original post

2 Replies
rshah
DataRobot Alumni

The image classification capabilities in DataRobot can be used to perform that type of analysis.  However, the starting point is having a dataset for training the model.  I have found it difficult to find publicly available datasets that show car damage.  

One of my collegues may have such a dataset that shows no damage, minor damage, and major damage. I am looking for it now and will update this post with that info.  Once you have the dataset, then you can use DataRobot to train a model to recognize the severity of damage.  The image classification in DataRobot easily handles a 100 categories.  If you have a labeled dataset, you can then test out the performance.

How does that sound?

0 Kudos

There is a car damage dataset available on Kaggle.  I was able to download it and then I zipped the training folder into one file.  I was able to upload that file and build image classification models on the car damage dataset.  https://www.kaggle.com/anujms/car-damage-detection