cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

🗓 ASK THE EXPERT: AI and ML for Developers—March 23

BobF
DataRobot Alumni

🗓 ASK THE EXPERT: AI and ML for Developers—March 23

This Ask the Expert event is now closed, thank you for joining!

Developers and data scientists often work together in teams, but our objectives and approaches to data and ML couldn’t be more different: from how we reason about data, why we collect it, and the tools we use, to where AI actually fits in our workflow.

In this Ask the Expert event, you will be able to chat with Zan and ask your questions about AI and ML development, DataRobot APIs, etc. On this interesting and important topic, Zan is available to answer your questions.

Photo on 1-24-20 at 11.06 AM.jpg

Zan Markan is a Developer Advocate  at DataRobot. He has spent over a decade working in technology, in a variety of roles and enterprises—as a developer, manager, and in developer relations.
He is passionate about educating developers and enabling them to be successful with whichever technology they are using.

Hi Everyone,

This Ask the Expert event is now closed. 

Thank you Zan for being a terrific event host!

Let us know your feedback on this event, suggestions for future events, and look for our next Ask the Expert event coming soon.

Thanks everyone!

===================================================

34 Replies

Hi @zmarkan , After I put a model into production what do I need to do, if anything, to make sure it's still "good"?

Thanks,

Anna

0 Kudos

Hi @annapeters0n,

DataRobot's MLOps automatically monitors models when you deploy them into production.

One of the ways models are being monitored is for data drift - it's checking for whether the data you are using to make predictions is starting to deviate from the data that you used to train the model. Models with a high measure of data drift are considered less reliable.

0 Kudos

Hi Zan,

Hey is there an SDK I can use?

George

0 Kudos

Hi @rick-wheller 

As a developer there are many ways and reasons why you could consider using machine learning technologies in your apps.
If you're working on a team with data scientists, then you can integrate the models that they build into your applications, or build visualizations to monitor the models you have deployed in production.
If you're not working alongside data scientists you can also create models yourself, with the data you are already likely collecting - for logging or analytics for example.

And if you're looking for use-cases themselves, I would recommend you check out the answer I gave a few days ago to another community member about some interesting use-cases: https://community.datarobot.com/t5/ai-ml-general-discussions/ask-the-expert-ai-and-ml-for-developers...

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

Hi @george1986

We have 2 SDKs available to use at the moment - for Python and R:

Python SDK: https://pypi.org/project/datarobot/ 

R SDK: https://cran.r-project.org/package=datarobot 

Please let me know if there is another SDK that you'd like to use!

Edit: Used the correct link for Python SDK

a_shoop
DataRobot Employee
DataRobot Employee

Hi @george1986 @zmarkan ,

I believe Zan meant to post the following link for the DataRobot Python SDK:

https://pypi.org/project/datarobot/

Basically, if you're familiar with Python, you can get the DataRobot Python API client library via the command:

pip install datarobot

Additional ref links:

Thanks Zan, this is great!

0 Kudos

Hi @zmarkan , I have a question for you:

Where can I get help if I get stuck?

Is there anything like a slack channel that I can reach out to someone for immediate help?

Thanks,

elena

0 Kudos

Hey @zmarkan ,

Thanks for running this event.

So how is the date I upload protected by datarobot? How can I be sure it's protected?

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Hi @elenaSP

We don't have a slack channel at the moment, so for immediate help with the product I would advise you turn to our Support portal and ask your question there.

Of course, this Community also never sleeps, so you're also likely to get an answer pretty quickly here as well.

0 Kudos