cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not connect to Snowflake via Partner trial account

Image Sensor

From my Snowflake account, I activated Data Robot for a 14 days trial. Datasource connection is failing out of the defaul setup giving a jdbc error

0 Kudos
15 Replies
DataRobot Employee
DataRobot Employee

Hi Rishi,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I am looking into this issue and will follow up with you tomorrow with a resolution.

Thanks,

Tricia Lee

0 Kudos
DataRobot Employee
DataRobot Employee

Morning Rishi - 

I touched based with the team and they asked if you can send a screenshot of what you're seeing. Appreciate your help.

Tricia Lee

0 Kudos
Image Sensor

Rranjan_0-1609599489875.png

0 Kudos
Image Sensor

I am using the data connection created for the trial account by Data Robot but it is erroring out as per the message shown in screen shot provided. My Data Robot credential is using my Google account. For using Paxata, I get the message that the same network account will be used. However, when I try to login to Paxata, that does not work either. Please see the screen shot below.

Rranjan_0-1609599748464.png

For establishing connectivity with Snowflake to access a dataset, 

First default data source options are shown:

Rranjan_1-1609599948839.png

Then it looks for the account option (which is created by Data Robot by using my Snowflake URL, snowflake user account created by Data Robot)

Rranjan_3-1609600092949.png

And when I select this account, I get a java connection error message that I shared above.

One thing I noticed that, My Snowflake version is 4.42

Rranjan_4-1609600304197.png

whereas, Data Robot shows only version in the version drop down list for Snowflake, which is v3.12

Rranjan_5-1609600374193.png

Also, your documentation to create a jdbc connection seems to be old

Rranjan_6-1609600466849.png

I don't see the option shown in the documentation. Rather than asking driver information. Rather than showing driver, it shows me version and as I mentioned it has only option 3.12

Rranjan_7-1609600690548.png

0 Kudos
DataRobot Employee
DataRobot Employee

Thank you! I will follow up with you tomorrow.

0 Kudos
DataRobot Employee
DataRobot Employee

@Rranjan, can you scroll down and provide some more information around your project creation error screenshot?  The bottom of the error is cut off.  I am speculating it says something about an OCSP cache directory.

The discrepancy between Snowflake instance software version and the Snowflake JDBC driver is expected.  3.12.0 was released Feb 2020, and 3.12.16 Dec 2020; both will work with the current version of Snowflake.

0 Kudos
Image Sensor

Rranjan_0-1609687223494.png

Community Team
Community Team

Thanks for the follow up @Rranjan. I do know that the team is looking into this and will get back to you shortly!

-linda

0 Kudos
Image Sensor

Thanks much.

is there a way to expedite? Out of 14 days for trial - 5 have elapsed already and I couldn't even start

0 Kudos
DataRobot Employee
DataRobot Employee

Hi Rishi,

We have identified the issue to be related to a bug with our JDBC driver configuration in our SaaS environment. We are currently testing the fix and expect to have your issue resolved in the next 24 - 48 hours. In the meantime, we have extended your trial to January 19th so that you have more time.

Thank you again for bringing this to our attention. It takes a village and we appreciate your support and patience.

Tricia Lee

0 Kudos
Image Sensor

Any update to this issue ?

0 Kudos
DataRobot Employee
DataRobot Employee

This has been officially resolved as of yesterday.

0 Kudos
Image Sensor

Unfortunately I am still getting the same error

0 Kudos
DataRobot Employee
DataRobot Employee

Rishi - 

I am going to be totally honest... I misunderstood and thought we were fixed and that is not the case. I will follow up with you end of day tomorrow to provide you a status. I've noted it in my calendar and please be aware that I am west coast. I apologize for the bad info on my part.

Tricia Lee

DataRobot Employee
DataRobot Employee

Rishi - 

I am happy to confirm the fix has been deployed and you should be all set. Please let me know that you can connect, at your convenience.

Appreciate your patience.

Tricia Lee