cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Started in the AI Platform Trial

lhaviland
Community Team
Community Team

(If you haven't sign up for the trial yet, you can do that here.)

Here are a few basics you should know about the AI Platform Trial and our community to help you along the way:

• Your AI Platform Trial Account gives you single-sign-on access to multiple products, including:
  • You can follow along with a Learning Path from DataRobot University, which provides self-paced guided experiences.
  • If you want to learn about common AI use cases, check out DataRobot Pathfinder.
  • If you have a question, we always recommend that you search for your question/issue in the community first. If you don’t find what you're looking for, post your question here to get the conversation started. Click here to see a list of some community content that is relevant to the trial.
  • You can help make the DataRobot experience better, and we’d love to hear from you! Just take this 1-minute survey to provide your feedback.

Some FAQs when getting started

Q: I submitted a request for a trial but didn't get trial credentials to get started. What do I do?

A: You should receive an email from DataRobot trial-team@datarobot.com

Q: I'm having issues signing in. How do I reset my password?

A: Visit app2.datarobot.com and click Forgot password? Reset.

Q: How do I navigate between the different parts of the AI Platform Trial?

A1: In the AutoML app: Start by locating the nine-dot icon and select the desired product.

Screen Shot 2020-07-20 at 11.01.37 AM.png

A2:  In Paxata Data Prep: Use the link in step 5 of the Getting Started checklist in the bottom right corner.

explorerDataPrep.png

Q. What are the differences between the trial version and the Enterprise version?
Hosted Enterprise Cloud version Trial version
Products: AutoML, AutoTS, MLOps, Paxata Data Prep Products: AutoML, MLOps, Paxata Data Prep (No AutoTS)
Visual AI Visual AI
Feature Discovery No Feature Discovery
Location AI (Geospatial) No Location AI (Geospatial)
Collaboration/sharing capabilities built-in No collaboration/sharing
Bias and Fairness Testing No Bias and Fairness Testing
AutoML Training Datasets: up to 10GB for Hosted Cloud (larger for VPC/on-premise) AutoML Training Datasets up to 100MB
AutoML Prediction Datasets: Unlimited Size AutoML Prediction Datasets: up to 100 MB
More workers Limited workers
Full documentation access Partial documentation access (no model/algorithm preprocessing details are included)
Scoring Code Model Export No Scoring Code Model Export, and
No DataRobot Prime
Compliance Docs No Compliance Docs
Premium Support No Premium Support
Community support Community support
Unlimited Usage Limited usage

Q: I loved my DataRobot trial. How do I buy?

A1: In the app, click on the DataRobot logo in the top left to navigate to AI Platform Home. From here, you can click Get in Touch > Contact sales. 

A2: If you are using AI Platform Credits, you can get more information about credits from the AI Platform Home page.

Q. Can I use code like R/Python to interact with DataRobot during the trial?

A: Yes, the trial fully supports API access. DataRobot is accessible via API (see the developers site). There is also an R client and a Python client, with lots of examples on our community GitHub.

Q. Does the AI Trial require GPUs?

A: DataRobot has figured out how to let neural networks run performantly on commodity CPUs. Try it out! You will see our Visual AI runs just fine on CPUs and GPUs are not needed.

Q. How can I see the feature engineering DataRobot does?

A: Some of the blueprints in the trial version show the feature engineering that DataRobot uses. However, much of the advanced feature engineering steps are censored and not available to Trial users. Trial users do not have access to compliance reports, which also include feature engineering steps. Check out the in-app Platform Documentation in your trial to learn more about compliance reports.

Q. Can I download the models I build in DataRobot?

A: Model export is a capability of DataRobot (i.e., Scoring Code Model Export, DataRobot Prime) but is not offered to Trial users.

Q. How do I find in-app documentation?

A: Click the question mark (?) in the top right corner of your trial. This will give you access to the full Platform and API documentation and various help resources in the community. In addition, you can use the Send Us Feedback link to share your thoughts about the trial.

lhaviland_0-1610653547436.png

Q. Is there a specific browser I should use with the trial?

A: DataRobot officially supports the Chrome browser. We recommend using the latest Chrome version for the best user experience

Note: At anytime, you may check status.datarobot.com for the latest status around platform outages or issues. There you may also subscribe to receive email updates for any disruption of service.

Labels (1)
3 Replies
Deadlights-SLC
Blue LED

I sign up for the trial - but Im not getting any confirmation emails.

kfridrick
Community Team
Community Team

Hi @Deadlights-SLC ,

Thank you for reaching out and bringing this to our attention. We are currently working on a fix and I will personally follow up with you when it is resolved. 

See here: https://community.datarobot.com/t5/ai-platform-trial/some-ai-platform-trial-sign-ups-are-not-getting... 

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Best,
Kristin
AI Platform Trial Team

0 Kudos
kfridrick
Community Team
Community Team

Hi @Deadlights-SLC ,

The issue in our provisioning system has been fixed and I've just approved your trial. Please let me know if you still haven't received the welcome email, if you have any issues getting your account set up. 

Thank you for your patience! 

Sincerely,
Kristin

0 Kudos