cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Started in the AI Platform Trial

Highlighted
Community Team
Community Team

(If you haven't sign up for the trial yet, you can do that here.)

Here are a few basics you should know about the AI Platform Trial and our community to help you along the way:

• Your AI Platform Trial Account gives you single-sign-on access to multiple products, including:
  • You can use the in-app checklists (in the bottom right corner) to get going quickly and learn the essentials. 

Checklist for AutoMLChecklist for AutoML

Checklist for Paxata Data PrepChecklist for Paxata Data Prep

• You can also follow along with a Learning Path from DataRobot University, which provides a self-paced guided experience relevant to the user persona you identify with most.
  • To see a list of some community content that is relevant to the trial, click here.
  • If you want to learn about common AI use cases, check out DataRobot Pathfinder.
  • If you have a question, we always recommend that you search for your question/issue in the community first. If you don’t find what you're looking for, post your question here to get the conversation started.
  • You can help make the DataRobot experience better, and we’d love to hear from you! Just take this 1-minute survey to provide your feedback.

Some FAQs when getting started

Q: I submitted a request for a trial but didn't get trial credentials to get started. What do I do?

A: If you used a business email that matches your company name, you should receive your trial information shortly. If you used another email address, we will take some time to manually process your request. While you wait, we suggest you explore some of the community content:

Q: I'm having issues signing in. How do I reset my password?

A: Visit app2.datarobot.com and click Forgot password? Reset.

Q: How do I navigate between the different parts of the AI Platform Trial?

A: In the AutoML app: Start by locating the nine-dot icon and select the desired product.

Screen Shot 2020-07-20 at 11.01.37 AM.png

A:  In Paxata Data Prep: Use the link in step 5 of the Getting Started checklist in the bottom right corner.

explorerDataPrep.png

Q: I loved my DataRobot trial. How do I buy?

A: In the app, you can click Get in touch > Contact sales. Or, head to our DataRobot.com Contact page and contact us via General Inquiry > Contact Us. Someone will be in touch quickly!

GetInTouch.png   contactUs.png

Q. What are the differences between the trial version and the Enterprise version?
Hosted Enterprise Cloud version Trial version
Products: AutoML, AutoTS, MLOps, Paxata Data Prep Products: AutoML, MLOps, Paxata Data Prep (No AutoTS)
Visual AI Visual AI
Location AI (Geospatial) No Location AI (Geospatial)
Collaboration/sharing capabilities built-in No collaboration/sharing
AutoML Training Datasets: up to 10GB for Hosted Cloud (larger for VPC/on-premise) AutoML Training Datasets up to 100MB
AutoML Prediction Datasets: Unlimited Size AutoML Prediction Datasets: up to 1GB
More workers Limited workers
Full documentation access Partial documentation access (no model/algorithm preprocessing details are included)
Scoring Code Model Export No Scoring Code Model Export
Compliance Docs No Compliance Docs
Premium Support No Premium Support
Community support Community support
Unlimited Usage Limited, 14-Day Trial

Q: I loved my DataRobot trial. How do I buy?

A: In the app, you can click Get in Touch > Contact sales. Or, head to our DataRobot.com Contact page and contact us via General Inquiry > Contact Sales. Someone will be in touch quickly!

Q. Can I use code like R/Python to interact with DataRobot during the trial?

A: Yes, the trial fully supports API access. DataRobot is accessible via API (see the developers site). There is also an R client and a Python client, with lots of examples on our community GitHub.

Q. Does the AI Trial require GPUs?

A: DataRobot has figured out how to let neural networks run performantly on commodity CPUs. Try it out! You will see our Visual AI runs just fine on CPUs and GPUs are not needed.

Q. How can I see the feature engineering DataRobot does?

A: Some of the blueprints in the trial version show the feature engineering that DataRobot uses. However, much of the advanced feature engineering steps are censored and not available to Trial users. Trial users do not have access to compliance reports, which also include feature engineering steps. Check out the in-app Platform Documentation in your trial to learn more about compliance reports.

Q. Can I download the models I build in DataRobot?

A: Model export is a capability of DataRobot (i.e., Scoring Code Model Export) but is not offered to Trial users.

Q. How do I find in-app documentation?

A: Click the question mark (?) in the top right corner of your trial. This will give you access to the full Platform and API documentation and various help resources in the community. In addition, you can use the Send Us Feedback link to share your thoughts about the trial.

helpcenter.png

Labels (1)