Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Snowflake connectivity help

kfridrick
DataRobot Alumni

Snowflake connectivity help

Hi Community -- I'm posting this for a trial user, please help:

"I'm having the issue when I connect to snowflake …

JDBC error reading data from catalog = CUSTOMERDATA, schema = PUBLIC, table = TRAIN_DATA: No active warehouse selected in the current session. Select an active warehouse with the 'use warehouse' command. . Task ID=1b4b0010-3809-40eb-8271-7d61583f2d86 Project ID=6036d9de64dee7ca3e690226

I have been trying everything, but it's not helping. It does show connection to snowflake showing the schema and tables but while creating the projects throws the upload error.

Tried following:
jdbc://<account_name>.snowflakecomputing.com/?warehouse=<name> and it's not helping."

Thanks!

0 Kudos
2 Replies

It does not sounds like the user has a default data warehouse set in their user profile.  This can be set by an admin (and possibly the user) with an alter user command to their account;

alter user USERNAME set default_warehouse = 'WAREHOUSE_NAME';

This could also be set as a hardcoded jdbc parameter as a variable or a string; by setting the variable warehouse and passing in the WAREHOUSE_NAME.

Screen Shot 2021-03-04 at 1.07.58 AM.png

If the warehouse is hardcoded but it is still erroring - please confirm the warehouse name; I think the catalog browsing does not require a compute warehouse, so this is why it may be possible to browse and see objects but not actually do anything with them.

0 Kudos