Export to Tableau - .tde is auto added

Highlighted
NiCd Battery
Paxata appears to be automatically adding ".tde" to the end of the name in the automation section when setting up automation to publish to Tableau server.  If I name the export "Tab_EXP" and run the automation, Paxata changes the name to "Tab_EXP.tde" and that is what shows up in tableau server.  Seems odd as I have run it before and had "Tab_EXP" come through fine in Tableau server.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Linear Actuator
@bella21, 

This behavior seems to be consistent with what we have always done. Is there any specific reason why you do not want the TDE extension in the Tableau Data sources created by Paxata?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
NiCd Battery

I think what happened was that was tinkering in my project, and at some point was able to manually publish where the name was "Tab_EXP", then when the automation kicked in it added the .tde to the end.  So I had two files in Tableau server.

Creates some confusion in the development process, because at the end of the day, the Tableau Dashboard points to "Tab_EXP", not "Tab_EXP.tde".  So if you run it manually one time where the file is called "Tab_EXP", build your dashboard off of that file, then add automation where it adds .tde to the name, your dashboard will need to be rebuilt to look at the different "Tab_EXP.tde" file.

Preference is to be consistent either way.  I would prefer to not see the .tde from an optics perspective, it's like saving an excel file as name.xlsx.xlsx. Not a huge deal, as long as .tde is added in all cases so you aren't creating multiple files.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Linear Actuator
Thank you @bella21, we will verify this and make sure that the behavior is consistent.
0 Kudos