cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can DR Indicate Trends in my Data

Can DR Indicate Trends in my Data

Hi all, my second post, still very much a newbie, but want to give this question a go. I'm working with data that often comes with trends, example: A huge data collection of phone repairs globally. Can datarobot work out if there is certain significant patterns eg, there is more phone repairs in certain months or more repairs for a certain model in a certain country. Stuff like that. As far as i can understand DR can predict future repairs and will show me why and what, but i can't work out how to find special trends. At the moment i check each of my data points (eg country sold, repair date, production date, model/series, style, customer age, etc..) one by one to check if there is a trend. I'm sure a machine can work that out quicker, just not sure if DR is the right tool for that or maybe i just don't understand how to read the DR feedback 🙂 Cheers, Tobe
12 Replies

Hey @jarred ,

thanks a lot for the explanations, especially the difference between the two time series helped! 

I'm still getting the same error for Time Series Model, even if i select multiple, but i was able to run the OTV. However, I'm not sure how to tell the difference in the outcome of the model that I've run 😄 

I think I'm just to green on the whole data science side, same goes with Python, I've just started a python course, so at least I'm being taught the basics now...

I will have to re-visit your last statement about the API etc. I think i know what it means, but I'm not 100% sure. I guess I will learn more throughout my course. 

Thanks!

Tobe

Hi Tobe, 

You can find documentation on our python package here to get started: https://datarobot-public-api-client.readthedocs-hosted.com/en/v2.19.0/.

Feel free to post any questions you may have on it  🙂

Emily 

0 Kudos

You’re welcome Thomas!  and no worries - thanks for posting such great questions 🙂 

Emily 

0 Kudos