cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing prediction results in Prediction Explanation menu

Changing prediction results in Prediction Explanation menu

I want to change prediction results in Prediction Explanation menu.

threshold.PNG

1) This is Prediction Explanation results. I want to change "Prediction" results by moving threshold bars.

threshold2.PNG

2) After moving bars, I can see high predictions and low predictions.

threshold3.PNG

3) After moving bars again, I can see totally same high predictions and low predictions. 

What is the rule to choose "Prediction", and how can I see another  "Prediction" results?

Labels (1)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
MarkR
Data Scientist
Data Scientist

Hi @cookie_yamyam 

The Prediction Explanations preview chart shows sample explanations for just the 3 highest and 3 lowest predictions in the Validation set. When you move the threshold bars towards the middle of the distribution, the 3 highest and 3 lowest rows remain unchanged. (You could see fewer than 3 if you move the thresholds close to the ends of the distribution, cutting off some of the highest or lowest, but I doubt that is what you really want.)

To see all the rows, you can calculate explanations for the full training data and then download a CSV with the results. If you know you only want to see explanations for predictions in a certain range -- for example, greater than 0.8 / less than 0.2 -- the thresholds will ensure that explanations are computed only in that range, and skipped for predictions in the middle, which would make the computation go faster. Turn off the thresholds to compute explanations for absolutely all of the rows.

(Link to part of the platform docs that give more details: https://app.datarobot.com/docs/modeling/analyze-models/understand/pred-explain/xemp-pe.html#modify-t...)

View solution in original post

You mean bars are working for changing prediction range, right?

Essentially, yes. To be more exact: you will get a prediction value for every row; you will get a prediction explanation for rows where the prediction value is an "outlier" beyond the bars.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
MarkR
Data Scientist
Data Scientist

Hi @cookie_yamyam 

The Prediction Explanations preview chart shows sample explanations for just the 3 highest and 3 lowest predictions in the Validation set. When you move the threshold bars towards the middle of the distribution, the 3 highest and 3 lowest rows remain unchanged. (You could see fewer than 3 if you move the thresholds close to the ends of the distribution, cutting off some of the highest or lowest, but I doubt that is what you really want.)

To see all the rows, you can calculate explanations for the full training data and then download a CSV with the results. If you know you only want to see explanations for predictions in a certain range -- for example, greater than 0.8 / less than 0.2 -- the thresholds will ensure that explanations are computed only in that range, and skipped for predictions in the middle, which would make the computation go faster. Turn off the thresholds to compute explanations for absolutely all of the rows.

(Link to part of the platform docs that give more details: https://app.datarobot.com/docs/modeling/analyze-models/understand/pred-explain/xemp-pe.html#modify-t...)

0 Kudos

Essentially, yes. To be more exact: you will get a prediction value for every row; you will get a prediction explanation for rows where the prediction value is an "outlier" beyond the bars.

0 Kudos