cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could not see 'Run external' after new test data import

Could not see 'Run external' after new test data import

I am trying to follow this step: Make predictions on an external dataset

I don't see RUN EXTERNAL getting populated after importing data with actuals values 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

They have to be equivalent values.  You have Yes, no in your training, but 0,1 in your external  data.  Just change 0 to No, and 1 to Yes and it should work

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Hey @sri1,

Which tutorial are you following? 

If you want to make predictions on an external data set you can go

Here in the models tab Model->Predict->make Predictions:

IraWatt_0-1652991216337.png

And here in the deployments tab Deployment->Predictions->make predictions:

IraWatt_1-1652991255381.png

HTH,

Ira

dalilaB
DataRobot Alumni

Here is how to import and evaluate external data:

1.  Go to the model on which you want to evaluate your external data

2. Upload the external data

dalilaB_0-1653045087544.png

3.  After the dataset is uploaded, you will see 2 options: Run external test, and Compute predictions, click on Run external test

dalilaB_1-1653045188711.png

4a.  Now, if you want to see the global metric, go to Menu, and under the Leaderboard option, you will find Show external test column

dalilaB_2-1653045364081.png

By clicking on Show external test column, you should see a new column on your leader board

dalilaB_3-1653045586490.png

4b.  If you check ROC Curve or Lift Chart, under Data Selection dropdown menu, under the EXTERNAL TEST title, you should see your dataset name

dalilaB_4-1653045645373.png

Please also check this

Is this what you are looking for?

Thank you for your prompt response. My issue is: After uploading data, i am supposed to see options - Run External test, Compute Predictions. But i only see compute predictions. 

my test_data_with_actuals has label values along with other features.

sri1_0-1653061734728.png

0 Kudos

Hi, Thank you for your prompt response. I am following instructions from DataRobot docs.

Thank you for your prompt response.

My issue is: After uploading data, i am supposed to see options - Run External test, Compute Predictions. But i only see compute predictions. 

my test_data_with_actuals has label values along with other features.

sri1_0-1653061947249.png

0 Kudos

Are you using on-prem, or cloud base DataRobot?  If on-prem, what version are you using?
If cloud, make sure the target name in the external dataset is the same.  Check that excel didn't add extra characters, like white spaces that make the column name different.  Also, try uploading a CSV file and see if that resolves the issue.

0 Kudos

I am using cloud based datarobot. target name in the external data is the same. tried csv file this time but no luck. Please look details below on how my target variable is in each data and what the values are: Please let me know if values should be 1,0 or Yes,nO In target variable in external_data. 

train_data                                        test_data                                    external_data                    

Target variable: Churn                Target variable: Churn               Target variable: Churn

Values: No, Yes                            Values: left blank as we             Values: 1,0

want model to predict

0 Kudos
dalilaB
DataRobot Alumni

Another thing.  When you go to ROC Curve and you click on Data Selection do you see Add external test data ? If so, click on it before uploading your dataset.

dalilaB_0-1653067134196.png

0 Kudos

They have to be equivalent values.  You have Yes, no in your training, but 0,1 in your external  data.  Just change 0 to No, and 1 to Yes and it should work

It worked. Thank you.

sri1_0-1653069395148.png

0 Kudos