In order to bring data into DataRobot Data Prep from a database, work with your Administrator or CS Representative to do the following:
- Ensure the data connector has been provisioned
- Ensure that data configuration file for your database has been setup
- Ensure that your account has been provisioned access to the configuration
From there, you can do the following:
- Navigate to the Library (go to the upper left corner of your screen, click on the menu, and choose Library
- Click on the + Import
- A list of data sources will appear. Scroll through the list and click on the data source you wish to query.
- You will see a list of schemas and tables/views that you have access to. Schemas will have a folder icon to the left, and will appear in a black bold font. The tables/views will have a paper icon to the left and will appear in a regular font.
- If you see your table, click on green select button. If you don't see your table, click on the schema folders until you find your table. Once you see your table you can on the select button to begin the import process.
- Once you have completed selecting all the objects, click on the finish button
A few things to note:
- You should always find out how many rows there are in your table before you bring them into Data Prep.
- Please allocate more time for larger tables
- You can select multiple tables from multiple schemas and even multiple data sources
- You can load tables from databases and files from other locations
- You can write custom SQL if you wish to filter or control the results
- You can click on different paths to help look for items or objects.
- Table refreshes can be automated