cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a scope for the approval policy review?

Is there a scope for the approval policy review?

Hello Community 🙂

If a reviewer is designated in the approval policy, should all of the designated reviewers review the deployment? Or is it possible to choose from each deployment?

And if a single user in multiple groups creates a deployment, which group's policy will allow the approval process to proceed?

Finally, when a user with owner privileges of a deployment belonging to another group modifies the deployment, what policy applies?

thank you 

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Winddog,

Welcome to the community and thanks for your question. Please find my responses and I have also attached the documentation for your reference.

If a reviewer is designated in the approval policy, should all of the designated reviewers review the deployment?
No, only one reviewer's approval is enough.
Or is it possible to choose from each deployment?
It is based on organisation rules (cannot be changed per deployment)

And if a user in multiple groups creates a deployment, which group's policy will allow the approval process to proceed?
It is defined at the organisation level. It will be triggered for all reviewers by default but you have the option to trigger it for only certain groups

Finally, when a user with owner privileges of a deployment belonging to another group modifies the deployment, what policy applies?

This is also defined at the organisation level. The model needs to be approved by the group it belongs to.

You can refer to the Deployment Approval documentation here Docs

View solution in original post

This is defined at the organisation level and can be customised to trigger for certain groups. User will trigger approval from reviewers of both the groups but this can be restricted to certain groups.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hi @Winddog,

Welcome to the community and thanks for your question. Please find my responses and I have also attached the documentation for your reference.

If a reviewer is designated in the approval policy, should all of the designated reviewers review the deployment?
No, only one reviewer's approval is enough.
Or is it possible to choose from each deployment?
It is based on organisation rules (cannot be changed per deployment)

And if a user in multiple groups creates a deployment, which group's policy will allow the approval process to proceed?
It is defined at the organisation level. It will be triggered for all reviewers by default but you have the option to trigger it for only certain groups

This is also defined at the organisation level. The model needs to be approved by the group it belongs to.

You can refer to the Deployment Approval documentation here Docs

Thank you for your reply.

Everything else has been solved.

But what I'm curious about is if one user belongs to groups A and B at the same time.
If groups A and B each have different policies (different reviewers), and one user in both groups creates a deployment, which group of policies will receive reviews?

0 Kudos

This is defined at the organisation level and can be customised to trigger for certain groups. User will trigger approval from reviewers of both the groups but this can be restricted to certain groups.