cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time-Series Feature Selection in R Error

GR
Image Sensor

Does anyone have experience with using the notebook from Advanced Feature Selection with R | DataRobot Community?

Two issues I am having with it:

1. The ListModels function is throwing an error, the traceback is below.

2. I am expecting to run into problems modifying it to work with Time Series projects. So if anybody has advice with feature selection for TS models I would appreciate it.

Error in curl::curl_fetch_memory(url, handle = handle) : Protocol "" not supported or disabled in libcurl
curl::curl_fetch_memory(url, handle = handle)
request_fetch.write_memory(req$output, req$url, handle)
request_fetch(req$output, req$url, handle)
request_perform(req, hu$handle$handle)
(function (url = NULL, config = list(), ..., handle = NULL) { hu <- handle_url(handle, url, ...) req <- request_build("GET", hu$url, as.request(config), ...) ...
do.call(requestMethod, args)
MakeDataRobotRequest(httr::GET, routeString, addUrl = addUrl, returnRawResponse = returnRawResponse, ...)
DataRobotGET(routeString, simplify = FALSE, query = params)
ListModels(project)

Labels (4)
14 Replies
chester
Data Scientist
Data Scientist

Hi there! Can you confirm you were able to `ConnectToDataRobot()` and that you used one of your DataRobot projects to get an ID? The curl error usually means a connection issue so I want to make sure the steps before you `ListModels()` are working OK.

0 Kudos
GR
Image Sensor

Hi chester. Yes, I can establish a connection and GetProject does pull the correct project into the environment. 

0 Kudos
chester
Data Scientist
Data Scientist

Hmm, strange. Are you having the same issue with other List functions such as `ListBlueprints()` or is it specific to `ListModels()`?

0 Kudos
GR
Image Sensor

ListBlueprints is working as expected. I am using Datarobot package version 2.18

0 Kudos
chester
Data Scientist
Data Scientist

Thanks for confirming. Just as one more check, are you having this issue with ListModels on different projects as well?

GR
Image Sensor

Just tried a few project IDs with ListModels. Good suggestion but still no luck. 

0 Kudos
chester
Data Scientist
Data Scientist

And these are all time series projects or some non-time series too?

0 Kudos
GR
Image Sensor

Correct

0 Kudos
chester
Data Scientist
Data Scientist

I think you are saying this is only for time series projects? Can you check if it works on a machine learning project for you?

Thanks for answering all these questions! Still just trying to diagnose where the issue might be.

0 Kudos
GR
Image Sensor

My bad, I read your or as an and.

I have tried both types of projects, none worked, all with the same error/traceback. Thanks for taking a look at this I appreciate it!

0 Kudos
chester
Data Scientist
Data Scientist

You're welcome! Thanks for your patience as we continue to work on this.

Can you confirm if the functionality at https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/datarobot/vignettes/TimeSeries.html is working for you? This isn't about `ListModels()` exactly but I want to diagnose if there are multiple issues for you and your Time Series projects or if we should just isolate on `ListModels()`.

0 Kudos
GR
Image Sensor

So I ran from the vignette:

data <- read.csv(system.file("extdata", "multiseries.csv", package = "datarobot"))
partition <- CreateDatetimePartitionSpecification(datetimePartitionColumn = "timestamp",
useTimeSeries = TRUE,
multiseriesIdColumns = "series_id")
project <- StartProject(data,
projectName = "test-TimeSeries",
target = "target",
partition = partition,
metric = "RMSE",
mode = AutopilotMode$Manual,
targetType = "Regression")

which threw

Project test-TimeSeries creation requested, awaiting creation
No encoding supplied: defaulting to UTF-8.
Error in if (grepl("//$", url) || grepl("\\s", url) || !grepl("/", url)) { :
missing value where TRUE/FALSE needed

The data file had some strange corruption.

GR_0-1624653261096.png

But I adjusted the script to work with the data used in the TS project I am working on (via local import) and it gave the same error.

Linda
Community Team
Community Team

Hi @GR - are you still struggling with this?

0 Kudos
GR
Image Sensor

I managed to get the python script working (from the original article). Still cannot get the R function 'ListModels" to work.

0 Kudos