cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

where does the data reside once uploaded?

where does the data reside once uploaded?

Hi,

I have been looking at a you DataRobot YouTube videos to understand what can be done with the product. 

There is one question that I have not been able to I answer to my satisfaction.

You start a new project - a screen asks you to upload data.. 

Is the uploaded data transmitted to a cloud or is it just kept in memory of the local computer like in a Jupyter notebooks running locally? 

For example:

Is the dataRobot project a local project - once you close the application all the files associated with the project (including the data) reside on local computer or are they copied to a cloud system whose location is not known. 

This is important to know to determine if we are in breach of the data governance associated with each dataset.

Cheers,

Aldo

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Sklavit
DataRobot Employee
DataRobot Employee

Dear Aldo,

The uploaded data are preprocessed and then stored depending on the deployment option:

• Managed AI Cloud --- default cloud storage (currently AWS S3).
  • Private AI Cloud --- can run inside a VPC on any major cloud infrastructure providers, including AWS, Azure, GoogleCloud.
  • Hybrid AI Cloud --- can run inside a VPC on any major cloud infrastructure providers, including AWS, Azure, GoogleCloud.
  • On-Premise AI Cluster --- Off-network deployment fully configured by the customer.
Update: You can find more information on keeping your data safe and private at the link https://www.datarobot.com/trust-package/.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Sklavit
DataRobot Employee
DataRobot Employee

Dear Aldo,

The uploaded data are preprocessed and then stored depending on the deployment option:

• Managed AI Cloud --- default cloud storage (currently AWS S3).
  • Private AI Cloud --- can run inside a VPC on any major cloud infrastructure providers, including AWS, Azure, GoogleCloud.
  • Hybrid AI Cloud --- can run inside a VPC on any major cloud infrastructure providers, including AWS, Azure, GoogleCloud.
  • On-Premise AI Cluster --- Off-network deployment fully configured by the customer.
Update: You can find more information on keeping your data safe and private at the link https://www.datarobot.com/trust-package/.