cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collaborate on your DataRobot Projects

Collaborate on your DataRobot Projects

Data science is a team sport, so understanding how to collaborate with colleagues on a project is key to making workflows efficient and productive.

Sharing a DataRobot project is simple. Find and open your project, enter the email address of the person you want to collaborate with, select the role for that person, and click Share. Simple! 

MariaVasiliadis_0-1633050653162.gif

If you give them co-ownership of the project, they'll be able to share it with others as well. After you share it, they'll get an email notification and a notification within DataRobot, and the project will show up in their Project control center. They'll be able to see all of the progress you've made and, if they have edit permissions, they'll be able to start making progress on the project as well.

Also, you can follow the same exact process to share a data asset in the AI Catalog! This is helpful for when you are iterating on a dataset and want to keep track of all of your versions. The asset in the catalog keeps track of all of your versions, as well as the versions your collaborators have uploaded.

MariaVasiliadis_2-1633050926372.png

Make sure to try out this tip and let me know if you have any questions. (You can check out the DataRobot documentation here.) I’m looking forward to hearing your own tips, too. 

3 Replies

One tip I've seen mentioned on the community round sharing projects is the idea of having a company "house account". The house account shares projects with the team making them owners as a way to reduce risk if an employee leaves. I think you would need to file a ticket to get a project moved from one account to another otherwise?

Hi @IraWatt - thanks for your comment. Looks like the tip you are referring to is posted in the comments of this post https://community.datarobot.com/t5/knowledge-base/faq-how-to-share-projects-deployments-and-datasets...

As long as a project is shared with other users with permission 'Owner', it doesn't matter if the original project creator leaves. That said, if a user is leaving their company, they should be sure to give ownership with the 'Owner' permission to either a "house account" or another user at the company to ensure the projects are not lost. Does this address your concern?

That makes perfect sense thanks @MariaVasiliadis