cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ClientError: Project options for this project do not exist.

ClientError: Project options for this project do not exist.

Hi All,

I am new to DataRobot and I try to use API to train the model.

I am using this document. I was able to upload the dataset but it gives me error when I want to train the model. In the UI I see that the project is already successfully created and the dataset is uploaded. Any help would be appreciated.

# Use training data to build models
from datarobot import AUTOPILOT_MODE

# Set the project's target and initiate Autopilot (runs in Quick mode unless a different mode is specified)
project.analyze_and_model(target='mpg', worker_count=-1, mode=AUTOPILOT_MODE.QUICK)

# Open the project's Leaderboard to monitor the progress in UI.
project.open_in_browser()

# Wait for the model creation to finish
project.wait_for_autopilot()

model = project.get_top_model()

ClientError                               Traceback (most recent call last)
File ~\.conda\envs\VZPredFin2\lib\site-packages\datarobot\models\project_options.py:1029, in ProjectOptions.get(cls, project_id)
   1028 path = f"projects/{project_id}/options/"
-> 1029 new_project_options = cls.from_location(path)
   1030 if new_project_options.project_id is None:
   1031     # Newly created projects return an empty json object, so we need to seed this
   1032     # new project options instance with the correct project_id

File ~\.conda\envs\VZPredFin2\lib\site-packages\datarobot\models\api_object.py:49, in APIObject.from_location(cls, path, keep_attrs)
     47 @classmethod
     48 def from_location(cls: Type[T], path: str, keep_attrs: Optional[List[str]] = None) -> T:
---> 49     server_data = cls._server_data(path)
     50     return cls.from_server_data(server_data, keep_attrs=keep_attrs)

File ~\.conda\envs\VZPredFin2\lib\site-packages\datarobot\models\api_object.py:85, in APIObject._server_data(cls, path)
     83 @classmethod
     84 def _server_data(cls, path: str) -> ServerDataType:
---> 85     return cls._client.get(path).json()

File ~\.conda\envs\VZPredFin2\lib\site-packages\datarobot\rest.py:191, in RESTClientObject.get(self, url, params, **kwargs)
    190 def get(self, url: str, params: Optional[Any] = None, **kwargs: Any) -> Response:  # type: ignore[override]
--> 191     return self.request("get", url, params=to_api(params), **kwargs)

File ~\.conda\envs\VZPredFin2\lib\site-packages\datarobot\rest.py:187, in RESTClientObject.request(self, method, url, join_endpoint, **kwargs)
    186 if not response:
--> 187     handle_http_error(response, **kwargs)
    188 return response

File ~\.conda\envs\VZPredFin2\lib\site-packages\datarobot\rest.py:365, in handle_http_error(response, **kwargs)
    364     exc_message = template.format(response.status_code, message)
--> 365     raise exception_type(exc_message, response.status_code, json=parsed_json)
    366 else:

ClientError: 404 client error: {'message': 'Not Found'}

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

ClientError                               Traceback (most recent call last)
Cell In[22], line 5
      2 from datarobot import AUTOPILOT_MODE
      4 # Set the project's target and initiate Autopilot (runs in Quick mode unless a different mode is specified)
----> 5 project.analyze_and_model(target='mpg', worker_count=-1, mode=AUTOPILOT_MODE.QUICK)
      7 # Open the project's Leaderboard to monitor the progress in UI.
      8 project.open_in_browser()

File ~\.conda\envs\VZPredFin2\lib\site-packages\datarobot\models\project.py:1515, in Project.analyze_and_model(self, target, mode, metric, worker_count, positive_class, partitioning_method, featurelist_id, advanced_options, max_wait, target_type, credentials, feature_engineering_prediction_point, unsupervised_mode, relationships_configuration_id, class_mapping_aggregation_settings, segmentation_task_id, unsupervised_type, autopilot_cluster_list)
   1510     self.set_worker_count(worker_count)
   1512 aim_payload = self._construct_aim_payload(target, mode, metric)
   1514 self._load_autopilot_options(
-> 1515     opts=advanced_options if advanced_options else self._options, payload=aim_payload
   1516 )
   1517 if positive_class is not None:
   1518     aim_payload["positive_class"] = positive_class

File ~\.conda\envs\VZPredFin2\lib\site-packages\datarobot\models\project.py:390, in Project._options(self)
    387 @property
    388 def _options(self) -> ProjectOptions:
    389     if self.__options is None:
--> 390         self.__options = ProjectOptions.get(self.id)
    391     return self.__options

File ~\.conda\envs\VZPredFin2\lib\site-packages\datarobot\models\project_options.py:1038, in ProjectOptions.get(cls, project_id)
   1035 except ClientError as ex:
   1036     # If we receive a 404, it's because this project doesn't exist in DataRobot yet.
   1037     if ex.status_code == 404:
-> 1038         raise ClientError(
   1039             "Project options for this project do not exist. "
   1040             "Please create a project in DataRobot first in order to retrieve the project's options.",
   1041             status_code=ex.status_code,
   1042         )
   1043     # If it's something other than a 404, the error needs to be raised to the
   1044     # user.
   1045     else:
   1046         raise ex

ClientError: Project options for this project do not exist. Please create a project in DataRobot first in order to retrieve the project's options.

DataRobot version: 3.1.0

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
JulieH
DataRobot Employee
DataRobot Employee

Hi @KnowledgeExplorer , thanks for reaching out to the community and for your patience as we looked into this. I circulated your issue internally to see if we could provide some assistance - the team went through example steps and everything worked as expected in DR Notebooks.

Can you let us know if you are a Self-Managed AI Platform customer or if you use cloud so we can help you find the best solution?

0 Kudos

Hi, Thanks for the answer. I tried again and got the same error. Maybe you are using a different code.I am not sure which one aplies to me but I got access throught the company. Thanks.

0 Kudos
JulieH
DataRobot Employee
DataRobot Employee

Hi @KnowledgeExplorer,

It's possible that the version you are using is incompatible your SDK version. Here are a few steps you can take to help us narrow down the issue:

After the client has been initialized, check the API version of your install

dr.client.get_client().get('version/').json()

We can also learn more about the instance you are using by reading the output of

dr.client.get_client().endpoint

Let us know what these come back with!

0 Kudos

Thanks for the answer. I got this output:

{'major': 2, 'minor': 28, 'versionString': '2.28'}
'https://(_masked_).vpc.(_masked_).com//api/v2'

0 Kudos

Hi there, 

I have the same error and I'm not able to resolve it, some guidance would be appreciated

ds_lee_0-1688587852846.png

0 Kudos