cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iterate Fast by Cloning Projects

Iterate Fast by Cloning Projects

Analyzing and modeling a single dataset can be an iterative process, which is why cloning a DataRobot modeling project can come in handy. 

Instead of navigating to the AI Catalog, finding a dataset, and launching a new project, try cloning an existing project if you want to model the same dataset differently. If you’ve created a project using a dataset not found in the AI Catalog (e.g., you launched a project quickly using a local file), the same trick still applies. 

To clone a project, click the Duplicate Project button from the Manage Projects control center, or you can clone the current project from the short menu (pictured below). You’ll have the option to “Copy dataset and project settings” or “Copy dataset only.” The settings refer to the Advanced Setting of the modeling project. Feature lists will be copied with either selection. Once you create the clone, you’ll have the ability to select a new target and start the modeling process over again. 

MariaVasiliadis_0-1636335338866.png

Need more help? See the documentation.

Labels (1)
2 Replies

Thank you for this post. I am looking to complete the following from DRU:

zsfeinsteinyahoocom_0-1657416134263.png

It basically asks to do two versions of the same dataset.

But my dataset is not a project yet. It is just in the AI Catalog like the following:

zsfeinsteinyahoocom_1-1657416289771.png

So I hope my question is making sense. I am trying to get more comfortable with the AI Catalog these days. And your post discusses the ease of duplicating Projects. Please let me know if I am missing the boat, or something.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
timz
Data Scientist
Data Scientist

zsfeinstein@yahoo.com AI catalog helps you to manage datasets which you plan to reuse or share across your organizations. In order to create a "Project" from the data in your AI catalog, you can click into the data in AI catalog, and use "Create Project". Hope this helps. 

timz_0-1659011782374.png

Documentation Link 

https://app.datarobot.com/docs/data/ai-catalog/catalog.html#create-a-project

0 Kudos