cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prediction explanations using SHAP on Snowflake

Prediction explanations using SHAP on Snowflake

Hello,

I am using DR to train a binary classification model with prediction explanations based on SHAP values.   

I have deployed the new model with SHAP to a Snowflake environment and now I would like to use portable predictions.  In other words, I would like to create a UDF in Snowflake that will run predictions and generate SHAP prediction explanations.

To do this, I select the new deployment and go to Portable Predictions; then under Download Options I turn on the option for "Include prediction explanations".  Finally I try to download the scoring code but I get this error message:

"You cannot use permutation based feature impact in SHAP-only projects"   

How can I tell DR that my model is SHAP-only and I want to download the scoring code with prediction explanations using SHAP?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

I have received this message from DR:

"The reason for the issue is that the scoring code supports only XEMP prediction explanations and it should be available for Scoring Code UDF usage."

DR engineering team:  Please make this a new feature.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies

By the way, Snowflake UDF documentation indicates no limitation in regards to SHAP values:

Snowflake UDF scoring code 

0 Kudos

I have received this message from DR:

"The reason for the issue is that the scoring code supports only XEMP prediction explanations and it should be available for Scoring Code UDF usage."

DR engineering team:  Please make this a new feature.

0 Kudos